Thursday, March 20, 2014

Happy First Day of Spring

Today is the first day of Spring.  What a great time of year!  A time of refreshing and new life.  A time to shake the dust off of flip flops and bring out those shorts.  A time of looking forward to the Summer and fun times ahead.

Beach times.  No school times.  Family trip times.  Low key times.



How fitting is it that I feel a little bit of Spring in my own life; my own heart.  I am starting to see a little of what might be coming our way.  We've had a long season of trimming back the vines, so to speak, and I'm looking forward with renewed hope as the blossoms began to peak out.  Although I'm not quite sure what fruit may grow, it is with expectation that I see these blooms and I can look forward.

God has made his presence so real lately by helping me to see his timing in everything.  This timing has been amazing.  This sequence of events, that I really had no control over, have all been a part of His plan. 

There have been some changes.  Changes that have felt like loss, but I know we will see the gain.  God had opened a door for us that would not have even been a consideration without these changes.  God has changed our minds.  He's changed our hearts.  He has made it all work together to point to His will.  I'm in awe!

I'm sorry to be a bit vague, but I'm not yet ready to share details with the world.  Just know that God has your steps ordered if you are called by Him and surrendered to His will.  He will bring the Spring but sometimes you have to walk through the bitter winter to get to it. 

Happy Spring with the promise of Summer right around the corner!

Expectation on little boy faces at an FSU baseball game!

2 comments:

  1. You are a beautiful inspiration! Don't be afraid to spread your wings (at God's perfect time.) Love you!
    Aunt S

    ReplyDelete