Monday, May 4, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up and Crazy Ramblings

We had a good but busy weekend.  We finally got to spend some time at the beach.  It was absolutely beautiful!  The weather was perfect and the breeze just right.  The beach is my happy place for sure. 


While we were there, we decided to take Carson out for a birthday dinner.  He chose Longhorns and ribs. 



Saturday night we celebrated Roddy's youngest brother's graduation from college.

So overall a pretty busy weekend and I'm in major need of sleep today. 

******************************

It may be that I'm just tired but I'm struggling.  I know I'm so blessed and I'm thankful for so many things.  But do you ever struggle with getting your feelings to agree with what your mind knows? 

That's where I am.  I've tried to sort out what I'm feeling and all I can come up with is just a little sad and mully grubby (I know. not words).  Sad for the way things used to be.  Sad for the way things could have been.  I don't know...

I know we are where we need to be, doing what we need to be doing. It has been confirmed many times over.  So I know it in my head and my spirit.  It's just my feelings are not umm..."feeling it" the past few days.

I'm probably not making much sense so I'll just stick with what I know.  And I'll just keep saying it till I feel it.

I can trust God.
I believe He knows best for me and my family.
Circumstances don't change who I am in Christ.
God loves me and I don't deserve it.
Through it all...it is well!

Life is a journey and each step, a step closer to becoming that piece of pottery beautifully crafted by the Master Potter.  So keep moving forward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment