Wednesday, February 5, 2014

All Things Work Together for Good

How would I fully appreciate the warmth of the sun without the cold dreary days?  How would I fully understand the grandeur of the mountain top view if I had only ever been on the top?  How could I fully see the vastness of the sea if I had never been on dry land?  How could I fully know joy without never experiencing sorrow?

We would probably never choose the dreary days or the valleys or the dry land and especially not the sorrow.  But we grow.  We are strengthened.  Our faith is tested and comes out stronger.  And then we realize God never left us...never.

As Christians, we were never promised the absence of sorrow or trials.  But we are promised hope, peace through it and grace to endure.  We are promised the presence of our Father God in it all.  We can know that it will work for our good and for His glory.

image credit
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

All things for those who
1.  love God
2.  are the called according to His purpose

No comments:

Post a Comment